talk too much, can never say enough

Monday, March 8, 2010

party for less

Yesterday I went to the last day of the Armory Art show for the first time and it reminded me how truly little I know about art. I actually picked up a Children's Guide by accident and realized that there are frameworks to understand art about which I understand nothing. The show was packed and three hours wasn't nearly enough to see and digest everything, but I managed to pick out some things that I really loved. Below, some of my favorites:

"The true artist makes useless shit for rich people to buy." Truth.
 


My favorite piece by far. From far away, it looks like a painting of a city as seen from an airplane. But up close:

Its a collage. Title: "Party For Less." Gabi Trinkaus. 



And how could I resist this one?

All my pics from the show, here.

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I am so into neon right now. Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Marketer, writer, overthinker, New Yorker, semi-formal observer

Followers