talk too much, can never say enough

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Nice Kicks continued

I'm really not a designer sneaker person. My fixation on footwear means I'm going to get tired of whatever I buy, and sneakers especially cycle in and out of wear over time. The post this morning made me think, though, about which designer sneakers really have an aesthetic appeal and design point of view beyond embellishment. So I've selected some of my top picks below...interested in seeing the reactions.


YSL, via Saks.com, $575

Margiela, via Aloharag.com, $475


Heyday footwear @ Oak (price on request - three of my least favorite words in the English language - and limited to 15 pair)


Dior Homme classic steez via Barneys.com, $545

And, discounted at Yoox.com from seasons past, the following "bargains":


Givenchy, $370
Raf by Raf Simons, $135
Neil Barrett, $270

Looking back on what I picked I'm not surprised that I went for classic design and white-black-gray colorways. If you're gonna spend like this, it needs to be justifiable. Now, when it comes to Dunks, its a whole nother story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Marketer, writer, overthinker, New Yorker, semi-formal observer

Followers